Father and Child


I


Come out my child.   
Come out of the womb.   
I call upon you                   
                        to come out,                  
                        in the name of me,                                    
                                                     your father,
                                                     a man with good intentions,
                                                               and a strong sense of
                                                                                   restraint.
                                                    Your father,                                    
                                                     a man of good conscience,                                          
                                                             and a desire for                                                
                                                                              right behavior.                                    
                                                     Your father,                                    
                                                      a man armed with a sense                                                
                                                                                 of efficiency,                                                
                                                                                 and a love
                                                                                            for peace.     

I call upon you,                   
                        my child,                            
                                      to come out,                            
                                      to come out.                   
                        Let me hug you                                 
                                                 one first,                                 
                                                 one last                                         
                                                             tranquil, tender time,    
before          
           I release you                       
                                into                            
                                        the slaughterhouse.    


II


Believe not in me, child.   
Believe not in me.                     
                            I am not a free man,
                            I am not a free man,                              
                                            how can I teach you                                                 
                                                                           to be free.   


III


You put a trust in me, child,   
you put a trust in me.                         
                                  I am your father,                         
                                  you are bound to me.     

But that is the problem, child,       
       that is the problem,                           
                                     don't you see?                           
                                     Don't you see?    

Ultimately,   
ultimately,              
               I might lead you                              
                                         astray.